Call 01534 733162
Portable Pain Relief for Low Back Pain Sufferers.
The LumbAir is a premium portable back support with an Adjustable Internal Air System, proven in scientific laboratory studies to effectively reduce spine stresses and relieve low back pain when sitting.
- Effective Relief fom Pain – The firmness and position of the LumbAir can be tailored for your body type for perfect, individualised lumbar support.
- Back Pain Prevention – The adjustable support also allows for in changes posture throughout the day. This creates changes in weight distribution and circulation patterns within the back, reducing stress on the spine and helping to prevent back pain and damage that may be caused by prolonged sitting.
- Decrease muscle fatigue and stiffness.
- Increase blood circulation to facilitate healing.
- Improved sitting comfort.
- Ideal for small office chairs, bucket seats or where portability is required.
- Portable and is easy to carry for use in cars, airplanes, theatres, or for home use. In fact, in a study of airline seats it was noted that there was an absence of lumbar support, and the use of the LumbAir measurably reduced spinal disc stress.
- Easy to use – easily change the firmness with the push button valve and easy squeeze bulb.
- Easy to fit – place in desired position on chair and fix with attached support.
- Made with exclusive fabric that is immune to bacteria, fungus and body odour.
- Guaranteed for one year against defects in materials and workmanship.
- The valves are guaranteed for life.
- The foam is engineered to last 15 years.
The human spine naturally forms an S-shape, with the spine curving forwards at the lower back, outwards at the middle back and forwards again at the neck.
When we sit most of us have a tendency to slump, which reverses the natural curve of the lower back. In this slumped position the muscles at the bottom of the back are stretched and more pressure is placed on the spinal ligaments and discs which is one reason why sitting is a common factor in many low back complaints. Slumped sitting also changes the posture of the neck and shoulders and can cause or exacerbate neck and shoulder pains.
Reducing the stress on the back associated with sitting not only makes sitting more comfortable but also helps to build more capacity for pain-free movement throughout the day. To effectively reduce the stress on the back when sitting we need to:
- Support the natural curve of the low back.
- Make sitting a dynamic activity with frequent posture changes.
The LumbAir’s ‘Internal Air System’ allows you to tailor the perfect, individualised lumbar support for your spine and the inflation/deflation pump allows for easy pressure changes to help create regular changes posture throughout the day.
Static back rests, although still beneficial, simply cannot provide these additional advantages.
Suitable for use in most chairs and seating including; car seats, office chairs and kitchen chairs.
How to use
The LumbAir Plus uses an Adjustable Internal Air System. You can adjust the amount of support to fit your changing needs.
- Position LumbAIR behind you and fix with adjustable elasticated strap.
- Wait 5 minutes.
- Inflate to your comfort level.
- Change amount of air inside (some days you will want more support, some days less) to prevent damage due to extended sitting.
If you would like more advice on lumbar supports, or other related products, we are happy to help. Simply book a free, no obligation, initial consultation with Steffen Toates (Chiropractor) and he can answer any questions you may have and give you more specific advice and recommendations.